Friday, May 27, 2011

a pair of bluebird bibs


I am so pleased to share a project that I was able to start and finish in just a few hours (with a large break in the middle for dinner/baby baths & bedtimes/hide-and-seek with Henry). Actually it would have been finished before dinner except that I made a mistake with the first one which took a bit of time to fix after everyone was in bed.

I traced my favorite bib for the "pattern." The fabric on the front is from a sheet I got at the thrift store a few weeks ago, and the bird fabric I got at Stitch DC. It was one of those moments of "I don't know what I'm going to do with that yet, but I must have it!" I zigzag stitched a bird on the front of each bib before sewing the front and back together. I used leftover yarn from the baby sweater for the neck ties (just braided it before sewing it into the top of the fabric). They aren't without flaws, but I think they turned out pretty well for my first try at making bibs.


1 comment:

  1. Nice! LOVE the bird fabric! I can see why you had to have it!

    ReplyDelete