Wednesday, May 25, 2011

my first baby sweater & booties!

Last week, I finished knitting my first sweater and baby booties! I made them knowing my cool spring days were numbered...and I really enjoyed the three days he got to wear them last week!

First, the sweater:



It was, as others promised, a quick and easy knit, even for a beginner like me. (ravelry notes here)




And now, the booties:

(in progress on our recent day trip to Annapolis)

These were so quick and easy to make. They turned out a little big, not because of the pattern, but the yarn I chose, but hopefully this means they will fit through the fall and winter. (ravelry link)


I am now obsessed with making baby booties. I'm almost done with a second pair, with many more in the works.

Even though he can't say so, I think Felix likes his first mama-made handknits!


No comments:

Post a Comment