Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, Part 1

Naturally, given my new knitting obsession, I had to go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival last weekend. I'm not the only one who wanted to go, though - Henry had been asking if he could visit a farm and see some sheep (likely because we were just starting to make things with wool felt and I was explaining where it came from). We all went on Saturday and had a great time. We were able to pet a lot of sheep, of course, saw working sheepdogs (fascinating!), and Henry even got a chance to use a spindle and make his own little strand of yarn:




I enjoyed the opportinity to build up my knitting "stash." I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of it yet, but I have some ideas...

I might use this to make hats, scarves, cowls, or Christmas tree garland. I just adore all the colors!
Dan helped me pick this one out. I plan to make a sweater for myself with this:
This one will probably become a sweater for Jude or Henry:
I plan to use this to make the 5-hour baby sweater for Felix:
I have no idea what I'm going to do with this, probably something for me because I love touching this yarn.
I'm going to use this to make a little fall vest for Felix.

We ended the morning with a picnic on the lawn.

Tomorrow: MSWF part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment