Wednesday, May 4, 2011

my new "single" night life

Dan's summer bartending gig has him working 5 nights per week, so I have been suddenly left to figure out what I'm supposed to do all by myself after the children go to bed. We got married when I was 19 so I have never (except when his band was on tour, I guess) been alone in the evenings ever in my life.

My solution?

A glass of red wine, some chocolate, and a fun new knitting project, all while listening to old episodes of This American Life online!

I think I'm also going to start a knitting circle that meets here one night a week for some company.

The first week was rough, but I'm getting into my groove, and even enjoying some of the time to myself. And because I can't resist sharing the cuteness, here are the babies playing this morning:

1 comment:

  1. way to go Kate!! looks like perfect alone time to me! if we were neighbors I would totally come to your knitting night!
    (ps. this is pauline writing- i don't have a google account so I am using his!)

    ReplyDelete