Tuesday, April 26, 2011

corners of my home : a new desk

Welcome to my new favorite spot!

To give you an idea of what an amazing transformation this is, here is the space before:

I know, big change, right? What made this all possible was my other incredible find at the thrift store last Wednesday (is it possible that I found something more wonderful than that dollhouse?! Yes, it is). I spied this white desk with my little eyes and fell in love. Seriously, if I were to design my "dream desk," this is exactly what it would look like. It's so cute and compact but has tons of storage space in the drawers for all my bills, work stuff, and stationery, and just enough space on the desktop for computing and crafting to my heart's content. Plus, the fact that it's vintage, solid wood, and has claw feet doesn't hurt either.

The silver pitcher and the blue glass vase both belonged to my Grams, and I love thinking of her when I look at them.

I've been trying to find a new location for this blue chair for months and it's finally found its home! It fit perfectly in between the desk and bookcase as though it was always meant to be there. It's great for nursing (this room doubles as my studio and the playroom - all the toys are in a bookcase on the opposite wall, so it's nice to have a comfy nursing spot near where the big boys are playing, as well as for friends when they come over - hint, hint!) or lounging next to someone as they're working at the desk, as Dan is doing now.

I love the handles on the drawers:

And of course, the claw feet (now if I can only get that claw foot bathtub someday...)

Henry helped me take down the old desk and once I set up the new one was eager to try it out. Here he is writing a letter to his friend L.


Even Felix was excited about it!

The space still needs some more art on the wall and a good lamp, but it's getting there! I'm so excited about all the dreaming, wishing, planning, making, finding, exploring, learning, and growing I'm going to do in this space. (Yes, I've been using Nikki McClure's Things to Make and Do a lot already!)


I would love to hear from you - what is your current favorite spot in your home?


(corners of my home is inspired by SouleMama)

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome! And that picture of Felix is the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete