Wednesday, April 20, 2011

found: at the thrift store today

We headed to the thrift store this afternoon because I was hoping to find some old clothes or linens I could use to make pants and shorts for the babies, and I wanted to take advantage of the "50% off clothing Wednesdays." Boy, did I find some treasures today!

I just love milk glass. The hen lifts to reveal a bowl for...what do you think? Candy? Eggs?

I also found two shirts that I think will convert into some nice lightweight pants for Felix, several children's books, a cute little picnic basket perfect for all our picnic lunches on the back lawn, a small planter, and.....THIS:

I couldn't believe my eyes. A wooden, non-girly dollhouse for a whopping $14?! I could hardly believe it. Sure, I've always dreamed of having one of those gorgeous Waldorf-style dollhouses, but for $14 this will do just fine! Once I fill it with Mama-made dolls, rugs, and furniture it will be great. Of course we walked there so Dan graciously agreed to carry it home.

Now we wait to see if my little boys like playing with a dollhouse...what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I found a three story Ryan's room for $50 at a going out of business sale years ago... This one is pretty cool. Good find! Cheers! <3 T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the boys loving the house? Will loves playing with his friend's house whenever we visit them. My dad has been making one of those Waldorf style ones for the kids for the past year! I'm trying to wait patiently, but as you can imagine it's a little hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it doesn't have any furniture or people yet, but I think Henry is excited about it because I overheard him telling someone yesterday that I'm going to make everything for it.

    ReplyDelete