Sunday, August 28, 2011

the morning after {hurricane irene}

We decided to take a walk this morning to see what impact the hurricane had on our neighborhood.


I discovered this wonderful flower box, which somehow I had never seen before...
The worst we found was this:



Henry decided to see what would happen to various objects when he threw them into this puddle (rocks, leaves, etc). Jude and Felix enjoyed looking on:Jude just kept saying "wow!"

I was pleased that our flowers fared well through the storm.

Check out the lantana! It's looking good, if I do say so myself!

Henry really wanted to visit the fallen tree again, so after dinner we set out to see it once more.



We got there just in time to see this:


I've never seen such serious looks on my boys' faces as when they were watching that bulldozer.


I know there was a lot of damage done by this storm, so I am very thankful that the impact on our neighborhood was so minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment