Monday, August 29, 2011

first canning of the season: apple & peach sauce

{Henry slicing apples; Jude was watching as well}

{the painting that ensued once they were bored of slicing apples}

{I am so glad I invested in this water-bath canner last year}

{as well as the utensil set - makes canning so much quicker, easier, and safer!}

{they finished painting just in time to help ladle the applesauce into the jars}

{after the boys were in bed, I decided to make a second batch}

{peaches and apples!}

{the end result...9 jars' worth!}

{my reward}

2 comments:

  1. Your preserves look great! Do you have a recipe for pickles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm actually about to try my hand at pickles for the first time in a few days - I'll let you know how they turn out! I haven't decided which recipe to use yet.

    ReplyDelete