Monday, June 6, 2011

boating with Papa

On Friday morning, we met Papa out at Pohick bay. It was perfect weather for boating - warm but not too hot. Henry loved helping Papa drive the boat.


I loved that it was cool enough for Felix to wear the sweater I knit for him.
After playing with Papa for a few minutes, Felix decided he would prefer to hang out below deck...
I positioned him so that he could watch the clouds through the skylight.
Jude was somewhat apprehensive about being on the boat. This is the only photo I got of him because after eating his bagel, he spent the rest of the time on my lap. I'm sure he will enjoy it more next time because he'll know more what to expect.

Henry, on the other hand, relished every minute of it.

He even convinced Papa to swim with him in the chilly water!



The highlight of the outing was paying a visit to the eagle's nest. You can't see it in the photos, but we even saw two baby eaglets.


Let me know if you'd like to go boating with us sometime. We'd love to have other join us!

1 comment:

  1. Omg! We would love to go anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete