Wednesday, October 12, 2011

a hat for every boy

On September 24 (the Saturday of the Reading Festival - the topic of tomorrow's post!), I checked the 10-day weather forecast and discovered it would only be in the 50's and 60's the following weekend. I decided everyone needed a hat and began knitting furiously. Only the little boys' hats were finished in time; Dan's hat is still on its way. These are the first 3 hats I've ever made. I started with my firstborn and worked down from there.

Henry loves his hat and wears it at every opportunity. It made this mama very happy to see him grab it out of his backpack when heading out to the playground with his preschool class last week.




Jude wears his hat because Henry wears a hat. For Jude, everything Henry does must be done as immediately and as often as possible.




Felix prefers holding his hat to wearing it. He also figured out that I want him to wear it, so he teases me by pulling it off and laughing boisterously at me. I need to add some ear flaps and ties.




I am also thrilled to report that the sweater and booties I knit for him last spring still fit!

3 comments:

  1. oh. my. goodness.
    this is the best post yet! I LOVE the HATS!!! (p.s)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the colors of Jude's hat...you are such a talented mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for your generous compliments :)

    ReplyDelete