Monday, October 10, 2011

{catching up} birthday celebrations

My birthday celebration lasted for a few days - first, the day of:
{birthday dinner - simple, just family - the way I like it}
{sunset}
 On Friday morning, the little boys and I were tasked with the job of getting all the food for the "Harvest Party" we were throwing Friday night.
{the fountain across from Whole Foods}
Turns out Dan cleverly disguised this "Harvest Party" as a birthday celebration for me. He is an amazing husband, and also an incredible party planner. It was a wonderful gathering of friends, with plenty of time for talking and making music together.
{best birthday cake ever...probably better than my wedding cake as well.}
 It was perfect weather so we were able to hold most of the party outside. I just love the lanterns.



The next day was the H Street Festival. The boys and I headed down to check out the festivities. I picked up my favorite Festival Fare: the bratwurst on a bun from Biergarten Haus. You can get it on their happy hour menu anytime, but it's never so good as it is on the day of the H Street Festival.

{very serious
Add caption
{sampling an apple from the farmer's market. it took him an hour, but he consumed the entire thing.}







No comments:

Post a Comment