Thursday, December 11, 2014

Two moms, 6 kids & a minivan...a Thursday adventure.

Today we went to the Museum of Natural History in DC. We carpooled with our friends and it turned out to be a great trip! I must admit, I was rather apprehensive about going. As I posted earlier this week, we've been staying home/close to home lately, as the goal of my days is peace and that is what seems to bring the most peace these days, so I was pretty nervous about rocking the boat. I'm so glad I did, though, because we all had a wonderful time. It was lovely having the drive to and from to chat with her and the kids enjoyed talking and playing together in the car. I think they had a lot more fun on the drive than if it had just been us by ourselves. We got a parking space right out in front, went inside and had lunch, and saw several exhibits before heading back home. As we were getting into the car I said I wished I had brought a DVD for the kids to watch on the way back - turned out A Charlie Brown Christmas was in the DVD player! The babies were a bit fussy on the trip home, but aside from that it was smooth sailing.

I need to remind myself of today the next time I am feeling nervous about doing something new or challenging. I often wonder "Why am I considering doing this activity/outing? What are my goals? Will it be worth it?" Today I decided my goals were flexibility (for me, mostly :) and friendship. I think we definitely achieved our goals.

Side note: it was one year ago today that I found out I was pregnant with Ezra. The night before, on Felix's birthday, I was eating the cake I made for him and it tasted "off." Then I had that realization: it's not the cake, I think I'm pregnant. Took the test the morning of December 11 and the rest is history...look at him now!

No comments:

Post a Comment