Monday, March 25, 2013

Some firsts and other things

I don't really have a cohesive theme for this post, just a few odds and ends - some of these things are "firsts" for us, others just seem important for me to remember.

I've been working on making my own version of an iced caramel macchiato brewing extra-strong pour-over

Henry adding jewels to his treasure box

Setting up the rocket Henry got last week

Getting ready to blast off - it is reusable with baking soda & vinegar!

Starting seeds indoors for the first time with my little makeshift "greenhouse"

With Henry's hoodie complete, it's time to start a new project!

Winding the yarn for Felix's new sweater, using this pattern (thanks Beth!)

Our first visit to Irvine Nature Center. They have an amazing outdoor play area that the boys loved. We played outside for 2 hours with friends despite the chilly weather Friday afternoon!






Henry has really embraced springtime!

Palm Sunday artwork

And one more. I think I am going to frame these and hang them every year for Holy Week. Seriously, I know I'm his mom and therefore biased, but this kid's talent is amazing.

And finally, the first (and hopefully last!) snow in springtime!






No comments:

Post a Comment