Wednesday, May 2, 2012

knitting cowls

During the week after Christmas, I knit Dan and Henry the cowls they had requested. I like cowls so much better than scarves because they are so much quicker to make (and economical as they use so much less yarn!). I was introduced to the cowl a few years ago when the mother of one of the boys I work with gave me one as a Christmas present. I came to love how warm it kept my whole neck without the bulk of a scarf.

I made Henry's first, with some brown Malabrigo.

 Turns out it was too small. Here he is trying to take it off and it got stuck. Oops.

Then I made Dan's, plenty big as you can see, using the same yarn but a double strand. I like how it turned out - nice and thick and warm for all those days biking to GW.





































Meanwhile, Felix was enjoying himself during all of this cowl photography.






































Here's Jude shortly afterwards, checking out one of the camels from the Creche. 

 I made Henry a new cowl using some bulky yarn I got at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival (which is coming up again this weekend!). This one turned out great and he wore it the rest of the winter.


2 comments:

  1. I love mine. Can't wait for next fall to break it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so freaking cool i can't even stand it. I miss you in my life! :)

    Jackie Guerin

    ReplyDelete