Monday, December 26, 2011

stamps + glitter + glue = Christmas Cards!

Henry and I love making Christmas cards. This is only the second year in a row we've done it, but I hope there are many more years to come where we sit for evenings on end around the dining room table making and creating together, everything covered in glitter. This year I added something new to our supplies: glitter glue! Henry was in heaven. These cards always end up taking so much time to make that I wonder why I'm doing it, or if anyone really cares or appreciates the handmade-ness of them. Honestly though, I do it partly to try to give everyone we love a tiny bit of "handmade" at Christmas, partly because I love the time spent with Henry, and partly because I just really enjoy doing it. I take pride in the fact that each one is different, and I spend an inordinate amount of time choosing which card should go to which person/family. I know, it's ridiculous, and I'm sure I will do it again next year!




 The one in the middle depicts, in Henry's words, "the manger and our garden next to my favorite place, the city." The day after this photo was taken, Henry made a whole series of "joy" cards.







1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of work! What fun you two must have had and joy that each of these cards brings to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete