Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fall Highlights...now that it's winter

Here are some highlights from Autumn 2011:



Henry made several fall-themed watercolor paintings. See the cornucopia on the left?



I tried out an idea I read about on this blog...you tape contact paper to the window and let the kids attach pieces of tissue paper to create a "stained glass" effect.


I found this Radio Flyer wheelbarrow at Salvation Army for $5. They love it, of course.



Lots of creative setups with the Playmobil toys.


I got Henry a set of "real" Legos (i.e. not Duplos). Big milestone, in my opinion.


Jude, of course, followed suit and began building with the Duplos.


We saw Elizabeth Mitchell in concert on November 5, something I've been hoping to do for years.


This trio of mine plays together more and more each day.



Jude is in the stage where he likes to arrange things in creative ways. More recently, he's started leaving presents for me - like pom poms in the fingers of my dishwashing gloves, googly eyes in my potholders, and blocks in my shoes.


The Band. They LOVE playing music together.


Where do city kids go to play in the leaves? By the curb where the leaves are waiting for the leaf-sucking trucks, of course!

Goodbye, Fall! See you next year!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the band picture! and I am happy to see jude wearing pants from time to time :)

    I just heard the good news about a new job today and am so excited for you all

    lots of christmas love,
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. also- I LOVE that Jude is leaving little presents around. that is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete