Thursday, July 28, 2011

what's going on...

For the past few weeks, I've been...

dealing with an abominable landlord situation. highlights include a visit from the illegal construction division that resulted in a florescent orange "stop work order" on our door, no hot water for two days as a result (long story), a housing code violations inspection attended by our landlord which she failed for the 5th time, and finally spending hours at free legal aid clinics preparing for the trial against her in September.

working a lot, overseeing a summer camp this week and preparing for another at the end of August

getting ready for my brother's wedding next weekend

trying to get a birth certificate for Felix - no small feat when you have an "unassisted" (i.e. my midwide isn't licensed yet so I can't say she was there) home birth

attempting to renew our medical insurance

obsessing over where and when to move, scouring padmapper and craigslist for an inordinate amount of time each day, and being frustrated at myself for not being more at peace with our housing situation

...and I've also lost my camera. I distinctly remember putting it back in my desk drawer one day, and haven't seen it since.

Since I've been completely swamped with the above, all leisure pursuits (gardening, knitting, sewing, blogging, etc.) have been temporarily put on hold.

Of course, sprinkled throughout all of this are wonderful moments with my boys (big and small!), and I'm looking forward to making a few things this weekend for Jude's birthday on Wednesday.

More soon, I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment