Tuesday, July 5, 2011

make your own fireworks art!

Henry was so excited yesterday about the fireworks and needed something to do to pass the time. I knew this quick and easy project would capture his attention because he just loves glitter.

Even though the 4th is over, your little one might enjoy remembering last night's festivities by doing this simple craft.

For the first picture, I "drew" the fireworks with some natural glue and then showed Henry how to sprinkle on several colors to make it more exciting (actually, he already knows this technique as we used it for the Christmas cards we made together). We used this glitter; it's my favorite!

Shake off the excess, and...voila!

While we were still working, Jude woke up from his nap and really wanted to give it a try. As I expected, he mostly tried to mouth the glitter containers but I managed to help him make a pretty nice picture before he spilled glitter all over the place.






I hope everyone had a happy 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Fun project! When I was little, if mom broke out the glitter is was always a very special project. She hated the clean up!

    ReplyDelete