Monday, April 30, 2012

...and we're back!

Hello, my poor, neglected little blog! I've thought of you several times each day over the past four months, but just haven't been able to give up the sleep it would have required to post here. Thank you to those of you who have asked me to get back here! That means so much. I do really want to keep up with this, so that in 20 or 40 years from now when I'm asking myself, "What did I do all those years when I had young children?" I can go back here and see for myself at least a little of what our lives were like.

A lot has happened, of course, with all of us since the beginning of January, and I do hope to play catch-up someday soon (as I often am with everything it seems!) but for now, I'm celebrating (and hoping!) that all of the stress and craziness of the last four months is behind us.

I spent a wonderfully creative and peaceful morning with my Jude, now that Henry is in preschool and Felix was taking a morning nap. Here's to celebrating the simple things!

Homemade egg sandwich with chocolate milk in a mug made by a local potter




































A robin's nest outside our neighbor's window.
We can see it from the kitchen table and love watching those robins every morning.


Jude and I played with blocks for quite some time on the front porch....well, I folded laundry too, when he would let me :)








































We made a few mixed-media compositions.





































Then we made a puppet!





































After we picked up Henry and had lunch, all four of us (including Felix!) sat around our art table and made some springtime pictures which included a lot of feathers. Then we read One Morning in Maine before tucking in for our naps!

It's been a long while since I've had such a nice day. Here's to many more moments of peace and creativity to come!

1 comment:

  1. We need to thank God for every good moment we have, don't we! And especially praise him when those moments are bundled into a whole morning that somehow works out well. This sounds really nice! Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete